BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steyr City Bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmiB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Steyr City Bus Reply with quote

Anyone besides me ever drive one of these POS buses?

County of Lebanon Transit (Lebanon, PA) bought 4 of these for their suburban routes some time in the late 80's. Ours were painted red,white and blue and looked like some sort of demented mail truck. Four cylinder Mercedes diesel and a very low geared semi-automatic transmission. They lasted less than 2 years before the State said they would pay to replace them so that they could be junked. I had one on my route for about a year and at least once a month I was looking at the back of the tow truck heading back to the shop. Blown tires, blown engines and burned out trannys. I think a transit authority in Mass. was the only other ones dumb enough to purchase these things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: