BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sky Express - Bye Bye
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! By the way..Go ahead..hit the button! Hell..make my day!! LOL!! Laughing
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlineMCI wrote:
Agreed! By the way..Go ahead..hit the button! Hell..make my day!! LOL!! Laughing

Shorty (?) <G> -

GEEZ! So that's what it's all about? A shadow BROWN CAR System, hidden in plain sight? With this scam, makes no difference
if there are ticket paying riders on the top deck! They should all be "money runs" from cargo in the holds...

.....................Vern.......................
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure..can you imagine? No one..absolutely no one checks the buses underloaders. Once in a blue moon merging into the bus lane PAPD (Port Authority Police Department) checks the commuter buses at random, and they have sniffer dogs running around the buses, but they never have us open the underloaders.

And by the way..I have never..ever seen a chinese tour bus in the bus lane. I guess they are smart enough to avoid it.
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about hiding in plain sight Shocked
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you can bet there are non-Chinese crooked politicians (and probably police officials) making sure that most of the enforcement is swept under the pavement, so to speak...

I'm telling you, the illegal operation of passenger and freight motor carriers is not limited to the "cheapo" carriers here and there on the east and west coasts, or even among the Mexican carriers who we see on the interstates every day with everything from the latest 45-foot J4500s down to 15-passenger 10-year-old Dodge Maxivans.

I worked for three different "legitimate" carriers in the Cincinnati area, all of whom had us run illegal on a more or less routine basis on charter runs. There is virtually no enforcement, and when it does occur, it is almost always after a fatal accident forces officials to look a bit deeper into the operation of these outfits.

IMHO, there is far too little enforcement of traffic laws anywhere anymore. Kentucky is miserable -- we almost never see police pull-overs for speeding, aggressive driving, DUI, or DOT checks of equipment and operators either in the city or out on the highway. No other states along the Ohio River are really very strict.

We fund welfare and entitlement programs for people who don't want to work, provide health care for those who are not even here legally, provide billions upon billions to countries who despise and want to kill us, then we underfund our police and our school systems (um, and transit systems) so that people who want to be law-abiding and who need to get to work cannot do so for lack of safe, reliable, affordable transportation.

And nobody is accountable for their own irresponsibility.

timecruncher
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher -

Subtle as a train wreck! I generally concur with near all of it.

I remain unimpressed how the privately held, largely city carriers were run into the ground with bad regulation.
Then, in a role much like a savior (though a disguised false god) the magic of FREE FED BUX everywhere to solve
the imagined problems.

Reading the Ancient Scrolls? Any basis at all, in law, where the King provided free rides for unwashed populace?
The old Roman Roads were not designed for civilian traffic...

..........................Vern.........................
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost can't believe what I'm reading. This is unbelievable stuff. I mean..I believe it but this is just no less than remarkable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: