BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell to CT Transit's RTS fleet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Farewell to CT Transit's RTS fleet Reply with quote

In a few short weeks, the RTS fleet of CT Transit will be just a memory. Here are some pictures that I shot at various locations in Waterbury over the last few months, a sort of farewell tribute to a fleet which has served us well for almost 15 years.

A101
A101 at Union and South Elm Streets, returning to downtown Waterbury on a route T81 tripper from Cheshire Industrial Park.

A107
A107 at North Main Street and Lakewood Road on an inbound route 15 trip, which is interlined with route 35.

A116
A116 at North Main Street and Phoenix Avenue, leaving downtown Waterbury on a route 18 trip.

A119
A119 passes the "Pin Shop" on Watertown Avenue / Main Street at the Waterbury - Watertown town line on a route 45 trip.

A128
A128 at Bank and Grand Streets, leaving downtown Waterbury on a route T114 tripper to Beacon Falls.

A133
A133 on Robbins Street passing under Grandview Avenue on a weekend combined route 40/42 trip.

To see the complete photo set, click on this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/billonthehill2001/sets/72157626230775161/
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Bill – that is a very enjoyable photo essay. It’s nice to see photos of the RTS’s at locations around Waterbury other than the Green.

I’ve been trying to do the same thing in recent weeks when photographing Centro in Syracuse. Several routes are due to be discontinued at the end of the month and I’ve been looking to get photos of buses on streets that will no longer see service. I’ve found it’s actually got me excited again about photographing the system as I scout out new locations and find some gems, and I spent some time this weekend doing the same thing on other routes. I may come home from an afternoon of photography with as few as five or six new images, but all of them are quality.

Jim
Bill D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

This was a fun project, although I wish that I had more time to work on it. I didn't always get the shots I wanted, but I did manage to catch all of our fleet. Good luck catching the Centro buses, and I look forward to seeing the results.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: