BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life as we know it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Life as we know it Reply with quote

Saw this flick last night. At one point Katherine Heigel gets tossed off a motorcycle. The cycle goes across the street and hits a newspaper box. As soon as that happens you hear a crunch. The cycle was crunched by MARTA-RTS # 97212.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... a 'MARTA' RTS with a five-digit number? Sounds like yet another movie filmed in Canada.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible because all you saw was the corner of the bus with the side only up to the first window. Didn't watch the thank yous in the closing credits.

As an off-topic aside. We saw this in a small neighborhood theater. As the show starts, Mr. Sal Ferro sits down in front of us. He is the president of Allure Home Improvements and was recently featured on Extreme Makeover Home Improvements. He was there with his wife and another couple. The movie was dull and they walked out after about 15 minutes. I almost wanted to join them because it is a similar story to the movie "Raising Helen" with Kate Hudson
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was filmed in Atlanta according to IMDB.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When there's virtually nothing else to watch on T.V., I will occasionally resort to the 'Encore' channel to get my dose of Bruce Willis (I could watch 'Die Hard II' twice a day forever) or an 007 James Bond number and last night they showed 'Live and Let Die' - a 1973 thriller starring Roger Moore along with that tall guy with the steel teeth as Bond's Nemesis.

This film must have escaped because no one in their right mind would have released it but that's beside the point because some scenes were shot on location in Manhattan with plenty of city New Looks in the backgrounds.

For some reason though, I can't get used to these older movies where the hero doesn't even carry a cell phone!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus in question is "AtlanTran" 92721 - obviously a fake. What's more, MARTA never ran RTSes.

From IMCDB:
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, my friends, is an RTS painted in Janesville (Wisconsin) colors. They until recently had an all-RTS fleet in a distinctive, if plain, brown-on-white color scheme.

Don't know who owns it, possibly at the Illinois Railway Museum in their fleet.

timecruncher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: