BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use the Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Use the Service Reply with quote

This is a thread I started at the old Bus Talk II.

I think it’s relevant to/for:
- Employees: Need to have some idea of the service their company is providing, especially the senior management and customer service group. Both are aware of customer complaints. Have they ever seen the situation first hand. If they believe they are giving the public great service, how do they know ? If they think the complaints are trivial from folks who just like to complain, how do they know that ?
- Customers: They would like to think that the management of the company cares about the service provided.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Use the Service Reply with quote

OK, here's what happend to me yesterday.
I had to attend a meeting at 130 Livingston Plaza in Brooklyn at 9:30.
This ment I had to travel from College Point Queens to there & back.
My boss was going there from his home in The Bronx, so I told him that me & my colleague would travel by public transportation to the meeing. We would hitch a ride with him back to College Point.

The two of us caught a QM2 to 6th Ave about 8 AM. The traffic was realy bad, so it took about an hour to reach 34th & 6th Ave. However, we caught a "F" train right away & just about made the meeting on time after dodging a few rain drops in Brooklyn.

My boss got called & had to make two stops on the way back, 2 Broadway and I forget where else, so we said was would retrace our steps back to College Point.

We arrived at 34th at 1:30 PM for a 1:45 bus.
I grabbed lunch at Mickey D's. While eating a Dispatcher I knew walked up & asked what I was doing in Manhattan. The next thing I knew he's going after a Cruiser driver who's about to go back to College Point dark.
A couple of mnutes later the two of us are riding with a driver who I also happened to know. All the way back he's catching up on all the gosip of the depot.

So what did I learn:
- College Point knows a way to bypass some of the traffic on the LIE, i.e. they don't go down the Whitestone Expressway to get on.
- Traffic at 8 AM is very heavy.
- The bus lane on the LIE saves a lot of time
- Coming back dark via the Midtown Tunnel didn't save us much time vs. a couple stops & the 59th St bridge.

Does it have anything to do with my job .... nope.
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, Mr RT!
I completely agree with you; nothing beats first-hand observation in order to really get a true picture of what's going on.
This is especially true for management; if they really want to know how well their operation is doing, they must actually use it occasionally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: