BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your Thoughts on Long Island Bus Issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FamousNYLover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: What are your Thoughts on Long Island Bus Issue? Reply with quote

http://mta.info/mta/news/hearings/

LI Bus Route Information

http://mta.info/mta/news/hearings/pdf/bluebook_libus.pdf[/url]
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a matter of Nassau County not keeping its word about funding and the MTA being strapped for dough. Its a "pissing match" between two governments with the poor taxpayers and riders caught in between. By the MTA making the first move, will Nassau blink and come up with the funds. Will Nassau have a cheaper solution or just play the blame game to their benefit until the next county election?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Its a matter of Nassau County not keeping its word about funding and the MTA being strapped for dough. Its a "pissing match" between two governments with the poor taxpayers and riders caught in between. By the MTA making the first move, will Nassau blink and come up with the funds. Will Nassau have a cheaper solution or just play the blame game to their benefit until the next county election?

Could follow in Gaffney's footsteps and allow the cuts to happen and then somehow come up with some money to restore some of the cut routes.

I don't think there is anyway that Nassau can come up with the money the MTA is asking for, not unless they cut other important services.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:

Could follow in Gaffney's footsteps and allow the cuts to happen and then somehow come up with some money to restore some of the cut routes.

I don't think there is anyway that Nassau can come up with the money the MTA is asking for, not unless they cut other important services.

Like firing all the useless party hacks with do-nothing jobs on the payroll. However Mondello and Schmidt wouldn't stand for that and Mangano doesn't have the stones to go against his party's leaders.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:

Like firing all the useless party hacks with do-nothing jobs on the payroll. However Mondello and Schmidt wouldn't stand for that and Mangano doesn't have the stones to go against his party's leaders.

I didn't think of that, if there are people like that then yeah, they should be the first to go.

I know they would be if i was in charge, well come to think of it, i don't think i would have hired people to do nothing jobs. LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: