BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'SCHOOL BUS CRASHES IN MISSOURI - TWO DIE'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: 'SCHOOL BUS CRASHES IN MISSOURI - TWO DIE' Reply with quote

GRAY SUMMIT, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) -

A serious accident occurred on I-44 and Highway 100 near Gray Summit, Missouri at 10:30am Thursday. Two are confirmed dead, 19-year-old Daniel Schatz of Sullivan, MO and 15-year-old Jessica Brinker, from St. James, MO. Schatz was the driver of a GMC pick-up. Brinker was a passenger on a school bus.

The buses were full of students from John F. Hodge High School on their annual band trip to 6 Flags in Eureka, MO. As many as 50 students total were on the buses.

According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, at about 10:15am, in the Eastbound lanes of I-44, traffic was backed up in the right hand lane, due to highway construction in Pacific.

The highway patrol says a GMC pickup rear-ended a Volvo semi truck in the right lane. The driver of the first school bus was carrying the girls from the John. F. Hodges High School marching band. The driver saw a vehicle on the right shoulder and moved over to the left lane to avoid that car.

While the bus driver was checking her mirrors to make sure it was safe to return to the right lane, she did not see that the GMC pick-up had hit the semi truck. The first bus then hit the GMC pick-up and the semi truck. The second school bus, carrying the boys, then hit the back of the first bus.

The other fatality in the accident is a female student, that was riding in the first bus.

The speed limit on that stretch of highway is 70 miles an hour.

All lanes of eastbound I-44 were closed until around 4:00pm while the accident reconstruction team worked the accident scene and cleanup took place. Large cranes were called in to remove the buses from the accident scene.

Courtesy KTVI FOX 2 News.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May they rest in peace !
Brandon314159

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that GMC did not fair too well being pressed between a tractor and a school bus.

I'm always impressed with how rigid school bus chassis are.

Glad it wasn't worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: