BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N73 and N73 turnaround path revision in wantage---non revenu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokiecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: N73 and N73 turnaround path revision in wantage---non revenu Reply with quote

effective oct 2011

southbound to wantagh

regular route south on wantagh av to last stop at Linden street (farside for layovers)

then non revenue

south on wantagh av,,.
right 0n Merrick Blvd..
right to enter Southbound wantagh state Parkway
exit into eastbound Merrick Blvd..
lefrt on Wantagh avene

to new layover opposite Linden Street on wantagh avenue
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for publishing this. For decades, the N73 and N74 u-turned on wide Wantagh Avenue just north of Merrick Road. Only a year ago, the Nassau Dept. of Public Works reconfigured the intersection to make it more friendly for pedestrians like myself. In doing so, the buses could not u-turn, so they traveled two blocks east to Cedar Creek Park, entered, and looped. I'm not too sure the loop via the Wantagh Pkwy bridge is easier.
-----
As an aside, the N73 and N74 are two of several north-south routes that have misleading destination signs. They read "Wantagh LIRR station," a mile or so short of their real terminal close to Merrick Road. Routes ending at Merrick Road, Bellmore, also read "LIRR Station." Riders do transfer to/from the N19 on these routes.
scatman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: n73,n74 turnaround Reply with quote

hay,Joe, Smokie, i rode the n73 recently and the driver turned around on the Wantagh Pkwy ramps, I have seen others using the ramps also. As far as the destination signs, I believe it is a publicity stunt to try to show the passing motorists that they can use that bus route to connect to the station. If you know nothing about the bus system and u are driving your car along wantagh ave and u read the sign (n73 Wantagh LIRR Station) u would be more likely to wait for that bus to ride to the wantagh station than if it said (Wantagh Merrick Rd) on the sign. The proper reading should be --

N73 WANTAGH LIRR
MERRICK RD

VIA JERUALSAM AVE
GARDINERS AVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: