BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only two routes running in Suffolk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Only two routes running in Suffolk Reply with quote

My sister just told me that only two routes running in Suffolk. The S92 and 8A but with two hour delays on both routes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, Service was suspended until Noon (12:00) on all routes except the 92 and 8A
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all routes were operating with delays (because of noon start time and the weather) except the 10C and 5A.

There was however NO service to Gordon Heights and i believe the back roads of Wading River
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in Southampton...that S92 was running 2 buses back to back.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Yeah, in Southampton...that S92 was running 2 buses back to back.

I wonder if thats how it was planed or because of delays. I wonder how the Orion VII's held up today.

This is the first time i can ever remember suffolk suspending service for weather.

I know that the cab companies by me were all closed today, so people who needed to get around anywhere in the Mastic/Shirley area where stuck until the buses started running.

I wonder if all the routes had all their buses running or they only sent out one or two buses to do a route (needless to say i didn't venture out to see how the S66 and 7D did today, i have no idea if the 68 did any of its two runs to Center Moriches)
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a picture i took of Orion VII 1033 on the S66 the day after the blizzard, with my brand new camrea i recived for Christmas, the bus was only ten minutes late, which is unusual for the route, but not suprising giving the weather.

Suffolk Transit Orion 07.502 1033 on the S66

Here is a edited version of the picture

Suffolk Transit 1033
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out by me, the Orion VIIs held up pretty good. Even the Gilligs!
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off-thread, but the worst bus ever on snow was the Grumman/Flx 870 and its successive clones. Couldn't start one on snow, then couldn't stop the damn thing once moving!

Best I ever drove on snow (in Cincinnati or Louisville) was the accursed AM-General. They even steered pretty good on snow and ice!

timecruncher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: