BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's this for a busfan's desperate adventure?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: How's this for a busfan's desperate adventure? Reply with quote

Today I went to visit the PTLA Facility in Cortlandt Manor, NY (aka Peekskill Transit).

How did I get there? Not by MNCRR's Hudson line.

I left my house 1:30pm and caught the A train from Bway Junction to Bway Nassau for the 4 train to Bedford Park Blvd. for the 20 bus to WPTC to the 17 express to Peekskill (Main/Nelson).

There on, I walked all of Highland Avenue up to 7 Dogwood Road in C'dt Manor to grab 2 shots of the depot. Something crazy for my very first visit to a Bee-line Bus depot...ALL THE BLOODY WAY UP THERE!

I tell ya, the commute by bus was murder she wrote I swear....but it was quite easy, either way you put it.

Here's the 3 shots (BTW I got home 11pm):

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Q65A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos.
That's an especially green setting for those Orion V's; they look as if they are snoozing in the shade on a hot summer's day.
Most transit bus pics are shot against man-made backgrounds; this is a nice, cool-looking exception.
It's hard to believe that the venue is not all that far from NYC.
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
Thanks for the photos.
That's an especially green setting for those Orion V's; they look as if they are snoozing in the shade on a hot summer's day.
Most transit bus pics are shot against man-made backgrounds; this is a nice, cool-looking exception.
It's hard to believe that the venue is not all that far from NYC.

Well after all, it was from a rural road...Dogwood Road has NO sidewalks at all.

My next target will be:

Bee-Line Valhalla Facility....I wonder if it's accessible?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A"]
Q65A wrote:

My next target will be:

Bee-Line Valhalla Facility....I wonder if it's accessible?

If I remember correctly, everything is indoors. So unless something is pulling in/out..........

Bob K
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the CBS Lines yard in Coram. Drive by and you wouldn't even know a bus depot was there! It's in a residential wooded area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: