BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suntran baby fishbowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Suntran baby fishbowl Reply with quote

Does anyone know the model (3301 or 3302) and serial number of Suntran 1046 that is featured in the galleries? All the information I can find about this predecessor to ABQ Ride makes no mention of a baby fishbowl. Thanks for any help.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Surtran, the Dallas-Fort Worth airport shuttle that ran from about 1974 to 1984, not Suntran. There were several 3301/3302s delivered new to Texas; I'm guessing it was one of those, but none were originally numbered 1046.

Stevep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction on the name! What a way to start out on the board! Guess I need my eyes checked.

As I have a 3301 myself, I have a particular interest in the baby fishbowls. I hope someone can identify this one.
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevep -

A WELCOME to you! Trust you will this Forum quite valuable...

The OHIO MUSEUM site may have the detail on where the coach first delivered, in its GMC unit S/N listings. Might be of some aid.
PACIFIC BUS MUSEUM may have some detail on the coach, too...

.........................Vern........................
Stevep

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking in the background for a while, and am active on the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board as well.

I have the delivery lists from Ohio Museum, and will check the PBM for any info. There were a number of properties in TX that got these buses new. Just not having much luck tracking which one this was when new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: