BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!
 
 BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICMC Update

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hart Bus



Age: 68
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1119

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: ICMC Update Reply with quote

In this past Sunday's Newsday, I saw an ad for one of the Atlantic City Hotels telling you to call Inter-County for tickets to get on a bus and gamble your money away.

I know that ICMC sold off all their OTR coaches. Are they now just a travel agency and "sub" the job out to a charter company?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
N4 Jamaica




Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Posts: 576
Location: Long Island

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Inter-County, 2010 update Reply with quote

Some may find this item interesting: Today's Newsday, May 7, 2010, page B19, has an ad from Mohegan Sun: "More Fun by the busload." It offers 4 services, one listed as Ground Transamerica Inc. (Formerly Inter-County), phone 631-661-9200, ($35). It offers morning service, 7 days, and evening service, 7 days, plus night service, Fridays and Saturdays, all from Suffolk, Nassau, and Queens.
-----
By a reverse look at the phone number, I came up with this ad and a photo of a new OTR bus.
Link: http://www.gointercounty.com/
-----
The other services offered by Mohegan Sun are Greyhound from Manhattan ($30); the New London Ferry Sea Jet shuttle; and some sort of pick-up service.
Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen ads in the Penny saver that are Inter County going to Atlantic City, i think, or some other casino. Though i don't know if the buses are run in Inter County's name or if they are listed in the add as an agent or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus



Age: 68
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1119

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Inter-County, 2010 update Reply with quote

N4 Jamaica wrote:
Some may find this item interesting: Today's Newsday, May 7, 2010, page B19, has an ad from Mohegan Sun: "More Fun by the busload." It offers 4 services, one listed as Ground Transamerica Inc. (Formerly Inter-County), phone 631-661-9200, ($35). It offers morning service, 7 days, and evening service, 7 days, plus night service, Fridays and Saturdays, all from Suffolk, Nassau, and Queens.
-----
By a reverse look at the phone number, I came up with this ad and a photo of a new OTR bus.
Link: http://www.gointercounty.com/
-----
The other services offered by Mohegan Sun are Greyhound from Manhattan ($30); the New London Ferry Sea Jet shuttle; and some sort of pick-up service.
Joe


As Artie Johnson would say on "Laugh-In", VERRRRY INTERESSSTING!

I wonder if ICMC is just a travel agency and subs out their charters to many companies including Ground Transamerica or is it a subsidiary. Last Saturday night, I saw what was probably GT n/b at Commack and Daly Roads. It was probably returning from AC with a drop-off at Macy's on Vet's Highway. Later I saw, what I think was the same bus s/b on Commack Road near Tanger, probably dead-heading to Babylon.

I wonder if the bus shown on the website ( with IC ) on the side is an actual in service bus or an artist's rendering. Can't figure out the bridge in the background. It doesn't have a high enough arch to be the Robert Moses Causeway, the closest bridge to ICMC's yard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Inter-County, 2010 update Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:

As Artie Johnson would say on "Laugh-In", VERRRRY INTERESSSTING!

I wonder if ICMC is just a travel agency and subs out their charters to many companies including Ground Transamerica or is it a subsidiary. Last Saturday night, I saw what was probably GT n/b at Commack and Daly Roads. It was probably returning from AC with a drop-off at Macy's on Vet's Highway. Later I saw, what I think was the same bus s/b on Commack Road near Tanger, probably dead-heading to Babylon.

I wonder if the bus shown on the website ( with IC ) on the side is an actual in service bus or an artist's rendering. Can't figure out the bridge in the background. It doesn't have a high enough arch to be the Robert Moses Causeway, the closest bridge to ICMC's yard.


I think the bus was taken from the website of the company that makes that particular bus, based on how Inter-County looks to be "Photo shopped" on, and placed in front of the picture of the bridge.

They prob just got a picture of some bridge off the web and hope that people think its a picture of Robert Moses Causeway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus



Age: 68
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1119

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 - I am not from the "computer generation" but you are probably correct. There is a card store in the Macy's shopping center on Vet's Highway in Commack that sells tickets for ICMC's runs to Atlantic City. At one time they had a large poster in the side window with a bus that looked like it was computer generated with no markings.

As an aside the store had a window flyer advertising that Paradise Trailways out of Bethpage is doing a line run to Yonkers Raceway / Empire Casino
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Inter County may have changed their name for the service to Mohegan Sun, as the ad I saw in the PennySaver today said that the service was provided by Ground Transamerica Inc and then under that it said Formerly Inter-County. However they still tell you to call Inter-County for Information.

This is the first ad I've seen done this way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus



Age: 68
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1119

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
I think that Inter County may have changed their name for the service to Mohegan Sun, as the ad I saw in the PennySaver today said that the service was provided by Ground Transamerica Inc and then under that it said Formerly Inter-County. However they still tell you to call Inter-County for Information.

This is the first ad I've seen done this way.


Could be for legal reasons that the booking and actual bus operations were split into two entities to reduce liability.

Could also be that GT could have partners that aren't in ICMC and this arrangement keeps everyone happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
I think that Inter County may have changed their name for the service to Mohegan Sun, as the ad I saw in the PennySaver today said that the service was provided by Ground Transamerica Inc and then under that it said Formerly Inter-County. However they still tell you to call Inter-County for Information.

This is the first ad I've seen done this way.


Could be for legal reasons that the booking and actual bus operations were split into two entities to reduce liability.

Could also be that GT could have partners that aren't in ICMC and this arrangement keeps everyone happy.


Both sound like good reasons.

I wonder if ICMC is not going to be operating actual coach buses (if the first thing you said is true) then could they still have their name on SCT Buses?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus



Age: 68
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1119

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible since you are mixing up transit and coach buses. Also depends on the contract with the county and if it provides for transferring it from one company to another.

I guess we'll know when the contracts come up for renewal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Its possible since you are mixing up transit and coach buses. Also depends on the contract with the county and if it provides for transferring it from one company to another.

I guess we'll know when the contracts come up for renewal.


Contracts should be up this year, thought i'm not 100% sure, since i remember reading a few years ago that the operators and the county settled a lawsuit that the operators had over who owned the rights to the routes. The rights to the routes will go to the county in the new contract and in return the companies could bid for any route they wanted. Or that was what the article said anyway.

In the article it said that the contract they had at that time was up in 2010 or maybe 2011.

They prob have to wait til the new contract to make it legal, but i'm probably sure they could do it before the new contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this weeks PennySaver there is a small ad for the trips. It says Ground Transamerica Inc. and in brackets it says Formerly Inter-County. the number underneath is 631-661-9200, the same number is listed for Inter-County,and for information it says to call Ground Transamerica Inc not Inter County.

I think Inter-County is in name only to the buses its leased by Suffolk Transit, though i could be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group