BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CT] CT Transit - new facility for New Haven division
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
Any idea on the timeframe for the new buses at the various divisions?

The first Xcelsior (XDE40)for New Haven is scheduled to enter the assembly line at Winnepeg this week. Around the first week of October, it will be transferred to the Crookston plant for completion and testing. It it scheduled to arrive in Connecticut the week of November 8. The rest of the XDE40's will begin arriving about 5 weeks after the first unit, and deliveries completed by mid January.

The first XD35 for Waterbury is scheduled to enter the assembly line in mid October, and be delivered early in December. The rest of these should be shipped during January and February.

The first XDE35 for Waterbury is scheduled to enter the assembly line around the first week of November, and be delivered by Christmas. The rest of these are scheduled to be shipped during February and March.

As for the Nova articulateds, my understanding is that they will begin arriving sometime in November. New Haven is scheduled to receive their portion of the order first, followed by Hartford and then Stamford.

So it appears that New Haven will have their new vehicles in service first, and I would expect to see them on the road by the end of this year. The Waterbury order will probably begin seeing service by the end of January. The Hartford and Stamford buses should also see service by that time.

I will pass along any updated information as I receive it.
Bill D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Bill,

So far, everyone has failed to mention that this new CT facility has to be an operators dream - it just can't be real! Wow!

I would have to rank it among the top in the country and certainly on a par with Santa Monica Municipal which has held the title for many years.

In knew the Connecticut Company would amount to something someday but this is extreme.

CT gets a 'well done'!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

It is a great improvement over the post WWII facility that it replaces. I was impressed by all that I saw during my walk through.

There have been plans in the works for many years to replace our Waterbury garage as well, and the state recently authorized $1 million to update the design of the facility (I believe that this is the third or fourth time that a design has been done, so I'm not holding my breath yet). After seeing the New Haven garage, I do feel that I could get used to working in a modern facility, and I hope that it will happen in the next few years.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:

I will pass along any updated information as I receive it.

Much appreciated as always, Bill - thanks. Maybe I'll try to get in a visit to Connecticut around the holidays to check out the new fleet.

Jim
Bill D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:
On another note, bus #350 is back from the dead. I've seen it running road tests in Hartford.

Bus #350 is now back in the New Haven division, and was seen in Waterbury on the J4 route today. This is the bus that caught fire on the Boston Post Road over a year ago. Link to the original thread: http://bustalk.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2055

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:
On another note, bus #350 is back from the dead. I've seen it running road tests in Hartford.

Bus #350 is now back in the New Haven division, and was seen in Waterbury on the J4 route today. This is the bus that caught fire on the Boston Post Road over a year ago. Link to the original thread: http://bustalk.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2055

Bill

Well they sure rebuilt that bus well. It ran on Hartford #88C Route. The question I have is where did the engine/transmission come from? Is that rebuilt or brand nused one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: