BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locations of Bus garages in Suffolk County?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Locations of Bus garages in Suffolk County? Reply with quote

Does anyone know the addresses to ALL of Suffolk Transit's Garages?

Cuz I would love to bring to this forum pics of ALL of 'em....

Thanx in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Educational Bus is located on Sunrise Highway at the corner of New Highway in Copiague

Suffolk Transit Services has at few yards --
10 Moffit Blvd Bay Shore
1851 Pond Rd Ronkonkama
1980 Pond Rd Ronkonkama
50 Saxon Ave Bay Shore

Inter-County Motor Coach 235 & 243 Deer Park Ave Babylon

Can't help you on CBS Lines or Sunrise
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanx, but yeah, actually forgot to mention that I passed Sunrise Coach along Route 25 in Greenport. I'm not sure as to how far it is from the RR station, but yeah, I have yet to stop by for a few shots or vids of pull-outs...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:

Suffolk Transit Services has a few yards --
10 Moffit Blvd Bay Shore
1851 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
1980 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
50 Saxon Ave Bay Shore

Are those depots under Suffolk Bus Co.?

As for Hampton Jitney, I'm assuming it's here:

Hampton Jitney, Inc.
395 County Road 39A
Southampton, NY 11968

And thanx to Google Earth, I found CBS Lines Inc.:

128 Mount Sinai Coram Rd
Coram, NY 11727
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBT Lines, which is part of Educational Bus is located at 50 Court Street in Copaigue. Part of the property touches the north side of Sunrise Highway.

ICMC and Babylon Transit are probably parked behind the offices on Deer Park Avenue. When I walked past their offices on 12/30/06 there is no curb cut in front of the offices. My guess is that they are parked behind the building and enter from the back-street.

HART Bus, while not a privately owned operation, is located at 4th & Lenox Road in Huntington Station. It is north of Pulaski Road and about one block east of the end of the LIRR's Huntington Station, south platform.
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
EBT Lines, which is part of Educational Bus is located at 50 Court Street in Copaigue. Part of the property touches the north side of Sunrise Highway.

Yeah, I was looking @ Google Earth's image of EBT....it's quite far from some major bus lines, most notably the N19. Of course Sunrise Highway is more like a sunset to pedestrians due to the fact that it's hell crossing that road! But I'll give it a shot...

Hart Bus wrote:
ICMC and Babylon Transit are probably parked behind the offices on Deer Park Avenue. When I walked past their offices on 12/30/06 there is no curb cut in front of the offices. My guess is that they are parked behind the building and enter from the back-street.

Yeah, I actually have pics of the depot. Very easy to spot off the N19. I should've clarified earlier...then again all of those pics were lost due to PC crashing on me. Will go back and take some more pics.

Hart Bus wrote:
HART Bus, while not a privately owned operation, is located at 4th & Lenox Road in Huntington Station. It is north of Pulaski Road and about one block east of the end of the LIRR's Huntington Station, south platform.

WOW. Oh-so-close to the train? I'm hoping they still have some 1990s (or 1980s) Gillig Phantoms with the 6v92s and the HT-748s.....but do you know the exact years of those 500-series Gilligs from HART?
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A wrote:
GBL Rebel wrote:

10 Moffit Blvd Bay Shore
1851 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
1980 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
50 Saxon Ave Bay Shore

Any school bus and/or Suffolk Transit bus marked with --Suffolk Transit Services, Suffolk Bus, etc. Operator, are the ones above.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote/]WOW. Oh-so-close to the train? I'm hoping they still have some 1990s (or 1980s) Gillig Phantoms with the 6v92s and the HT-748s.....but do you know the exact years of those 500-series Gilligs from HART?[/quote]

I'm not sure of the ages of the buses but there are still two or three of the 500 series out on the road on occasions. I met a driver in a local deli yesterday and asked about # 502. That bus is still in service.

I'm fond of that bus because the late and dearly missed Steve Hoskins sent me a picture of that bus when it was new at the Gillig Factory in CA prior to its shipment east.
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4lRrScKthg

At least I was one bus off the pace...LOL

I got #501.
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:

10 Moffit Blvd Bay Shore
1851 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
1980 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
50 Saxon Ave Bay Shore

Hampton Jitney, Inc.
395 County Road 39A
Southampton, NY 11968

128 Mount Sinai Coram Rd
Coram, NY 11727

Ahhh, CBS, my favorite Suffolk company. Their yard is in a completely residential area, you wouldn't even know a bus depot was there, very wooded also.
I always wondered why the buses smelled like the woods whenever I rode the S62 or other CBS contracted routes, when I walked by the depot, now I know why!
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS'S Yard is in the woods cuz it's the old Coarm Bus Service Yard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:

10 Moffit Blvd Bay Shore
1851 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
1980 Pond Rd Ronkonkoma
50 Saxon Ave Bay Shore

Hampton Jitney, Inc.
395 County Road 39A
Southampton, NY 11968

128 Mount Sinai Coram Rd
Coram, NY 11727

one of the Depots On Pond Path In Ronkonkoma are under Suffolk Bus Corp The Rest Is Suffolk Transportaion. but i don't know for sure what depot it is. i think it's 1980 Pond Path but i'm not total sure
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
[quote/]WOW. Oh-so-close to the train? I'm hoping they still have some 1990s (or 1980s) Gillig Phantoms with the 6v92s and the HT-748s.....but do you know the exact years of those 500-series Gilligs from HART?

I'm not sure of the ages of the buses but there are still two or three of the 500 series out on the road on occasions. I met a driver in a local deli yesterday and asked about # 502. That bus is still in service.

I'm fond of that bus because the late and dearly missed Steve Hoskins sent me a picture of that bus when it was new at the Gillig Factory in CA prior to its shipment east.[/quote]

i know this post is old but, MR.Hart did you see the pic on here that said that 502 was scrapped around May 2007. are those pic's right?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure of the exact date that 502 was pulled from service. It was listed on E-bay (with no takers) on May 31, 2007. So it was prior to that she stopped running but how and when Town of Huntington disposed of the bus is unknown
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
I am not sure of the exact date that 502 was pulled from service. It was listed on E-bay (with no takers) on May 31, 2007. So it was prior to that she stopped running but how and when Town of Huntington disposed of the bus is unknown

the caption of the pic said May 30, 2007 or it may have been the 31st.

not to be mean, but in the pic's that i saw (idk if they were the same used on Ebay) the bus was all dirty, so if they used the same pics it is no wonder why nobody put an offer on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: