BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Suffolk Transit Orion VII's failed inspection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Did Suffolk Transit Orion VII's failed inspection? Reply with quote

According to a friend, who was on the S66 last Wednesday, he overheard a woman tell another man that a S66 driver (his name is being withheld) told her that Suffolk's new buses had failed inspection.

Has anyone heard anything about this, is it true or is this just something that got twisted around by the time the driver heard it?

Confidently my father told me a few months ago (back when Orion said they would like their workers to work three day workweeks) that he was told that the Drivers don't like the new buses.

I would have told that last part sooner, but i don't trust a word my father says.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if they did fail inspection, I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF THEY PASSED!!!!!! The 3501-37?? Orion VII were being driven to Secaucus NJ and then delivered to NY. The driving stopped and the towing began because it cost to much to have them breakdown while being driven. Cheaper to transport from upstate NY to NJ then have them die on the road which was happening way to often

And remember Suffolk Transit has to get NYSDOT inspection stickers. MTA does not get inspected as they are a state authority.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well while talking to my mother she said she heard the same thing, but also heard that they were being held in a county yard some where near where we live.

Though i question the validity of the latter as i only know of two Orion VII's a 40 foot and a 35 foot one being delivered but they were delivered to Inter-County and Suffolk Bus Corp (Bay Shore) , and were from what i could tell ready for service as at least one had it destination sign all programed (unless they do that at the plant)

I COULD see the Suffolk Bus Corp one failing inspection if they had to replaced something as they tried repairing a 96 Gillig which failed a resulting inspection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible the buses failed an inspection, but it's also possible that ST checked out the buses, decided they wanted a few things changed, and now the delivered buses will have to wait until Orion can make the necessary changes (or bring them back to Oriskany to do so).
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
It's possible the buses failed an inspection, but it's also possible that ST checked out the buses, decided they wanted a few things changed, and now the delivered buses will have to wait until Orion can make the necessary changes (or bring them back to Oriskany to do so).

Someone from Daimler just told me that on SubChat, that Suffolk's order is still in production at the other plant, and had any failed inspection that production would have been halted. I would assume the same would be true if Suffolk wanted changes, though idk.

I know Suffolk bus had one 96xx bus fail inspection after they tried to repair part of its frame earlier this year, and they also replaced that buses motor. So maybe he was talking about that bus and the woman thought he meant the new ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: