BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who puts a Bus Shelter at a stop that doesn't exist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Who puts a Bus Shelter at a stop that doesn't exist? Reply with quote

Suffolk County thats who.

I've been told that there is a Bus Shelter on Montauk Hwy across the street from The Ice Cream Cottage. The problem is there is no stop there where the Shelter is.

Sure there was a 7D stop there years ago, but someone finally noticed that the 7D schedule had the bus making an illegal turn on to Montauk from Mastic Road. At that intersection, you can't make a left from Mastic Road onto Montauk.

Well the sign was still up for the past four or so years after the 7D started turning onto Herkimer Street from Montauk to get to Patchouge Road, it was finally taken down when they were making new sidewalks and fixing up Montauk. It was never put back up, probably because they finally noticed that the 7D didn't stop there, but now a bus shelter is at that stop with a bench and yet no bus will ever stop there.

Next time i am there i'll grab a picture of it to show you guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about calling Suffolk Transit and point out this mistake, if it actually exists. I'm sure that they can be moved. Unless........they want to give the ice cream store customers a shady place to eat their treats Very Happy
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
How about calling Suffolk Transit and point out this mistake, if it actually exists. I'm sure that they can be moved. Unless........they want to give the ice cream store customers a shady place to eat their treats Very Happy

The stop could be used by the S68, though it would only stop there twice a day, and they would need to put a sign in for it. Though the driver would need their head examined as it is like a foot from the intersection, if not in fact in the intersection. and if the driver did stop they would be smack in the middle of the only lane on that side for cars that head towards William Floyd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: