BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Gallery News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Announcements & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: More Gallery News Reply with quote

Thanks to Cyberider, GBL Rebel, nycbusfan, and Mr. Linsky, the Vintage Gallery is up to almost 600 photographs, a far cry from what it was, but pretty impressive nonetheless. I'm slowly filling in descriptions and photo credits, but I've decided that enough is there to make it public. For now, you can access it at http://gallery.bustalk.info; in a day or two, it will move to http://gallery.hopetunnel.org.

Although the section is there, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A "MEMBER GALLERY" ACCOUNT unless you have Vintage Bus Gallery photos to upload. I want to get as much of the Vintage Gallery restored before I start adding member photos. Which brings me to my next point...

I'm considering doing away with the Member Galleries as we know them. As RailBus pointed out in another thread, the average viewer is interested in the agency and equipment, not the specific location. I think this generally extends to the photographer as well. My vision is to abolish the Vintage Gallery/Member Gallery division and organize everyone's photos by operator and equipment. The photographer's name or handle would be included in the Keyword field; clicking on it would be a de-facto "member gallery." Eventually, this gallery would replace the HopeTunnel.org bus pages.

Comments?

Last edited by ripta42 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
Cyberider

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm easy to please. However everyone decides they want it is fine with me. I'm not going to be at work tomorrow so no more uploads until Friday. Still have a lot to go! Mr. Green
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Michael,

It was a priviledge and pleasure to participate in the testing of the gallery boards which, if I must say so myself, are very impressive and every bit as well designed and executed as were the BTN pictorials.

We have reached another milestone here at BT3 - keep up the great work!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New Yoek
Q65A

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of photo galleries classified by equipment type, carrier, etc.
Since photo captions usually identify the photographer, credit is duly given. Thanks to all for all the hard work involved in doing this!
Terrapin Station

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
I like the idea of photo galleries classified by equipment type, carrier, etc.
Since photo captions usually identify the photographer, credit is duly given. Thanks to all for all the hard work involved in doing this!

QFT
Washie.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have seen so far on BT3 has been very well presented to the members,and I congratulate all those who are striving to make this site worthwhile.

Washie.

Crazyhorse
Mr RT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy like what you have done building a gallery of photos !

For those out there holding back, while great, there are still bus #s missing !

Specific I'm looking for "in service" photos of the buses saved by MTA bus.
I found 275 in "Green", aka 1149, but not orange.

I found several Command CNGs, but not 4904

I found a number of LL Classics, but not 3006
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: 'Gallery' Reply with quote

Mr. RT,

I think a lot of us (including myself) didn't save the BTN galleries to our own computers (I guess we never expected a sudden shut down of the site).

The sum total of what I have done in the new gallery so far is from my own historic Green Line collection.

Hopefully, all the threads may eventually be resurrected.

And, as you say, we've done a pretty good job so far!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
Cyberider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved photos from BTN and other sites on the three computers I normally use but didn't have them organized. When BK announced that the site had shut down but the gallery would remain open for a couple of days, I franticly downloaded as many as possible but then the gallery went down later that day so I didn't get as many as I hoped. Fortunately, he had given me a CD a couple of years ago with the BTN Galleries as they stood at the time. These are the photos I've uploaded over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to Michael for getting them organized!
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberider wrote:
I saved photos from BTN and other sites on the three computers I normally use but didn't have them organized. When BK announced that the site had shut down but the gallery would remain open for a couple of days, I franticly downloaded as many as possible but then the gallery went down later that day so I didn't get as many as I hoped.
And thanks to you CR for having taken the initiative to save these images for all of us to enjoy!
Cyberider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome, Bob. And I must thank BK, even if he isn't here, for sending me the CD with all the photos. And while I'm at it, I will thank you again for the Mack and GM Old Look info you sent me a year or so ago. I go back through it every now and then just to keep it fresh in my mind. Never know when I might have the opportunity to drive an Old Look so want to make sure I know how to do it when the time comes. Laughing
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Linsky aka Green Hornet,

I for one never had a large personal library of rail or bus photos.
Foolishly thinking that they would be there forever Sad

Recently I've been surfing the web looking for other sites.
Haven't found any with extensive NYC buses.

Maybe TransitWorld & TransitTalk will come back (know the former site hosts personally). But in the meantime we have this site from the Windy City thanks to the host there & his friends here.
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT,

Unfortunately, many of us labored under the same misapprehension in thinking that any particular site would go on forever, and thus be a permanent library for us!

We (or at least I) now know better and copy virtually everything I find of interest to my own 'Documents' or 'Picture Manager' for safe keeping, and sharing with the group.

Fortunately, most of the essays that I had done for BusTalk.Net were created in 'Word' (mainly for grammar and spelling), and then copied to the boards, so I am easily able to reprise them here on BT3.

I do get the distinct feeling that BT3 is here for the 'long haul' as it has already become the most professional site of its ilk on the internet!

We appreciate it, take it very seriously (despite my occasion injection of humor) and thank Michael so much for his efforts on our behalf!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
Waynejay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have some zip files from BTN of buses from Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and New Jersey if needed. I also have a few pics I took myself of WMATA's three historical buses.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: One thousand photos in the NYCTA gallery! Reply with quote

The NYCTA, MaBSTOA, & MTA Bus gallery has reached one thousand photos, and I still haven't moved the New Flyers and post-1987 RTSes over from the old HopeTunnel.org gallery.

Also, the NYC Private Bus Lines gallery is getting close to 500 photos.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Announcements & Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: