BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having Trouble Posting pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rt4957

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Having Trouble Posting pictures Reply with quote

Been trying to post pictures in the gallery from my computer,,which I get successful uploads but when I hit "Continue" I get a "Error 500" internal Server" problem message.

Is there a "How To" to get pictures to show?

I have a wealth of bus pictures in my computer,,ranging from SCRTD pictures from Los Angeles to my Owned Ex Sacremento Regional Transit Flxible #4957,,that I`d like to show off and share.

thanks for any help
Not very Computer Literate so go easy
Phil Rt4957
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten the message occasionally, too. Usually just trying again 15 minutes later works.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

I've just loaded four or five photos to the Gallery and it seems to be working fine.

I have also received such error notices in the past but they are transient and usually disappear in minutes.

If you've gotten to a 'continue' button, you're certainly on the right track.

Keep trying.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
Hankg42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is the case on this forum, but on some you need to have a minimum amount of posts before you can upload pictures. I see that currently, you have 8 posts. Perhaps there is a minimum of 10 posts (or other higher value) here? Good luck.

Hank

Edit: Well, that can't be it. I see that my current total is 10, and I had previously uploaded a picture. Oh well... nice try.
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no minimums for a registered member.

If so, Ripta42 (the webmaster) would have mentioned that fact in his note two slots back in this thread.

The only other problem may be in the size of the image you are trying to post - there are maximums which are explained if your entry is not successful.

Keep trying!

Regards.

Mr. 'L'

Last edited by Mr. Linsky on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No minimum. In fact, the forum and gallery are completely separate; you don't even have to be registered here to post photos there.
Rt4957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept trying,,but still get the "500 Interal Server" error.

Is it because I`m posting pictures straight from My hard drive,,Do i need to send them somewhere First?

I got a Wealth of stuff to share,,but Can`t get it out
Rt4957
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Now we're talking a whole different ball game.

The Gallery will accept your photos via its 'browse' option directly from your off line photo album usually with no problem except excessive size.

However, the Bus Talk discussion site (where we are now) does not have this option and all photos must filter through a web based service such as Photobucket and the like (I learned that lesson very early on).

If your problem still arises with the Gallery, then I would tell you that there may be some incompatibility with your equipment - I have just put several more images in the Gallery and it seems to work fine.

Just for the fun of it; Google '500 Internal Server Error' and see what you come up with or go directly at;

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the size. Uploaded files should be less than 1 MB (1,024 KB) and not have any dimension larger than 2,048 pixels.
Rt4957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucess!!!

I finally figured out how to upload pictures and was able to create an Album in the Members Gallery of My 1975 Flxible 53102 that I own from Sacremento Regional Transit.

Thanks for the replies and help,,Using Photobucket for the "Middleman" As I could not upload direct from my computer.

Rt4957
yc720_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Internal server error Reply with quote

I've also been having problems uploading photos for two days now. So I took a member's advice and registered with photobucket and uploaded four photos that I'd like to post on BusTalk. Problem is I can't work out how to do this. Do I need the BusTalk URL and if so could someone please tell me what it is? I've also just learned that the 'Internal Server Error' message means that the problem is on the server I'm trying to access and that's BusTalk!!
Is there a BusTalk web administrator I can contact. This is getting beyond a joke. I've now spent literally hours trying to post four photos (that aren't oversize)
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies in advance if I'm getting too simplistic here, but the steps to post a web image on this board are as follows:

Go to the gallery page with the photo you wish to paste and right-click on the photo itself to get the web address of the image (in Internet Explorer, you may have to click on 'Properties' to see the address).

In the Bus Talk post page, click on the 'Img' button, then paste the image address, then click on the 'Img' button again to close the tag.

Click on the 'Preview' button below to view the post - you should see the photo appear (I just tested this with one of my images from the Gallery and it worked fine).

Click the 'Submit' button when done (same as any regular post).

The Img button works the same way for any image hosted on a web page such as Flickr or Photobucket.

Hope this helps.

Jim
yc720_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, Thanks for your guidance, but now I'm getting another error message which I've pasted here:

File Name/URL Error Message
1. Incorrect URI/URL prefix :(
yc720_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gets curiouser and curiouser because when I posted the error message the photo uploaded :?
yc720_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Having Trouble Posting pictures Reply with quote

Jim, Many thanks for your much appreciated help. I had to copy the Direct Link rather than img but all four photos are now uploaded and hope members will find them informative.

Best regards

Malcolm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: