BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baltimore Flxible Farewell Fan Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabinut

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Baltimore Flxible Farewell Fan Trip Reply with quote

Today (05/23/10) was a very special day. MTA Maryland's Administrator (who is a busfan himself) was nice enough to charter now retired Flxible Metro E #9526 for the day to tour discontinued loops and Bus Yards for photo stops. The video showcases the various stops and sections ridden through the day. Enjoy!

Video of 9526 in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJB8zcLSBj4
timecruncher

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff, as usual NABI. I believe I see one of my fellow timecrunchers from down at Bush Division in one of those pix, too, along with some of Charlie Neal's historic fleet!

TARC will be running its last Flxible Metros this coming week. Effective June 6, they will all be retired as massive service cuts go into effect at that time. Actually, a few Gillig low floor units from 1998 will also be placed in the reserve fleet.

timecruncher
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NABInut -

Thanks for posting here! I have a visceral feeling this will go into the All Time Record of Memorable Charters...

BTW. I have no idea how they did it, but some great work in restoring a snappy and presentable appearance to the
old UR&E/ BTCo Waiting Room structure at Overlea, end of line on old Route #15...

.........................Vern.....................
dsevil

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
TARC will be running its last Flxible Metros this coming week. Effective June 6, they will all be retired as massive service cuts go into effect at that time. Actually, a few Gillig low floor units from 1998 will also be placed in the reserve fleet.

Needless to say *I* won't be terribly happy to see them go. Any ceremonial sendoffs in the works? Either way, godspeed you old workhorses! [Yes, I'm talking to the buses. I'm a real piece of work here. Smile]

[/quote]

I like to play the "where was this photo taken?" game sometimes but I can't quite figure out this one. Deadheading on Broadway perhaps?

Also HwyHaulier's comments about the one waiting room structure reminded me of the little building at the 32nd & Portland bus loop. I'd like to see it spruced up someday. Hell, that whole area deserves better. How long has that building been around, anyway?
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a pullout to Fern Creek or Newburg, heading east on Broadway to I-65 to deadhead out to the end of the line.

An 'event' to celebrate the end of yet another bus era? At TARC? You gotta be kidding!

timecruncher
dsevil

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang it, is my youthful naïveté showing again? I thought I covered that up. Wink

Some friends and I did drive by the bus loop today; at least they're going to put a food pantry at the old Kroger there, apparently. Slightly better than empty, I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: