BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bee Line Buses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: New Bee Line Buses Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but in my travels around Westchester, I've encounter numerous of the new NABI Bee Line buses. When they make turns both moving and from a stopped position, they seem to lean excessively to the side that the bus is turning in, ie turning to the left, leaning to the left and so forth to the right. It really looks like the bus is going to flip over. Has anyone else noticed this?
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate doing this but since I made my inquiry about a month ago, no one has responded with any information. Almost daily I see these new buses and as I said when they turn, they look like they're going to topple over. Does anyone out there have any information about these buses and the problem I describe? Someone else must be noticing this.
scatman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: bee line nabis Reply with quote

i seen them in white plains the other day but didnt notice the leans - ill notice next time im there
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upperharlemline4ever wrote:
I hate doing this but since I made my inquiry about a month ago, no one has responded with any information. Almost daily I see these new buses and as I said when they turn, they look like they're going to topple over. Does anyone out there have any information about these buses and the problem I describe? Someone else must be noticing this.

U.H.L.,

Maybe if you took a picture of one of these buses and posted it here it might help us to identify it!

You know what they say; "One picture is worth a thousand words"!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to take a photo. The problem is I'm usually driving when I see them. You know they must be very top heavy but you would think that this would be compensated for.

Usually see them near the Hawthorne Service Facility, entering or leaving Westchester Medical Center/County Jail Complex, entering or leaving Westchester Community College and in White Plains.

Thanks guys.
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a picture today that sort of shows what I'm refering to. Just have to figure out how to post it. Can someone help?
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can upload it to your Gallery account and link to it here using BBCode tags as follows:

Code:

[img]http://gallery.bustalk.info/albums/userpics/10577/_______.jpg[/img]
scatman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: leaning NABIs Reply with quote

sorry there - Ive taken several rides on them in last few weeks all over the county and I havent noticed any leaning any more than any other bus would
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try this again. If it doesn't work, try the link and see if it works. This bus is just starting up after the traffic light changed.

Last edited by upperharlemline4ever on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another photo of a NABI bus just leaving the Grassland's depot. Again just starting to turn, look at the tilt; quite pronounced.

http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10577&pos=0
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another photo of a NABI bus just leaving the Grassland's depot. Again just starting to turn, look at the tilt; quite pronounced.

http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10577&pos=0

that bus in the link looks to be making a left but its right turn signal was on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's actually making a left turn, although the right turn signal is on. Do you all see the lean that I'm talking about? AND this bus is making a turn from a stopped position. It's not like it's making a turn already on the move. Every bus I see leans like this. I'm still going to try to get one of a bus in the middle of the intersection, but it's very difficult.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem like an excessive amount of lean for a hybrid bus.

For comparison purposes, here is a photo of an Orion VII hybrid bus in Binghamton making a right-hand turn - the amount of lean definitely seems less:

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's actually making a left turn, although the right turn signal is on. Do you all see the lean that I'm talking about? AND this bus is making a turn from a stopped position. It's not like it's making a turn already on the move. Every bus I see leans like this. I'm still going to try to get one of a bus in the middle of the intersection, but it's very difficult.

Yeah i see the lean. When Suffolk Transit allowed their buses to drive behind Port Jefferson Plaza, in Port Jefferson Station, in the 90's the 96xx Gillig Phantoms and the 93xx Flexible's Metros use to lean when they made the right hand turn to the roadway to get to the stop. I don't think their 9xx Gilligs did it as much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: