BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A visit to "New" Britain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: A visit to "New" Britain Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to make a stop in New Britain today and photograph some of the new D35LFR's, as well as some older equipment. It appears that all of the new buses are not yet in service, but I expect that they will be within the next few weeks. Clicking on a picture will take you to a full size version.

A11 at Bank Street on the BK route.

A4 at Bank Street on the O route.

A7 leaves from Bank and Main Streets on the F route.

C153 at Bank Street on the East Street route.

A135 at the New Britain Transportation lot.

A5 at the New Britain Transportation lot.

9409 and A9 at the New Britain Transportation lot.

There are a few more pictures in the gallery as well.

Bill
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Bill.

I hate those giant ads, though - they look so tacky. And they always seem to be advertising something low rent - 'She Speeds, You Bleed'. Ugh.
Bill D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
I hate those giant ads, though - they look so tacky. And they always seem to be advertising something low rent - 'She Speeds, You Bleed'. Ugh.

Sadly they have appeared on buses all over the state. It seems that the law profession has not suffered from the current economic slump. And who knows? If you sue somebody, your odds of winning are probably better than hitting the lottery!

Bill
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:

Sadly they have appeared on buses all over the state.

Centro tried them out a few years back, but thankfully went back to the traditional ad below the windows (they are stickers now, though). I was in the Albany area on Saturday (pics coming soon!) and saw many buses with full-size ads on the side similar to CT Transit buses.

Quote:
It seems that the law profession has not suffered from the current economic slump. And who knows? If you sue somebody, your odds of winning are probably better than hitting the lottery!

I wonder how many times Carter has sued CT Transit for real or imagined passengers injuries.
Bill D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
I wonder how many times Carter has sued CT Transit for real or imagined passengers injuries.

One good feature on the newer buses is the video security system. We have had "injury" claims which have been rejected due to the evidence of the video recording. Even though I have mixed feelings about the presence of these devices on buses, there have been many times where the video has backed up the operator's version of an incident.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm correct, the 20 D35LFRs are to replace the entire fleet in New Britain. So what will happen to 803, the lone D35LF in the Central Ct area?
Bill D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:
So if I'm correct, the 20 D35LFRs are to replace the entire fleet in New Britain. So what will happen to 803, the lone D35LF in the Central Ct area?

New Britain will still be operating 803. When A135 was transferred to New Britain in 2002, the fleet size increased to 21 buses, so with the 20 D35LFR's, it will remain the same.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

New Britain will still be operating 803. When A135 was transferred to New Britain in 2002, the fleet size increased to 21 buses, so with the 20 D35LFR's, it will remain the same.

Bill

Oh. I always thought the move was made during the "dark ages". Somehow this bus held up better than any other ones that NBT and Dattco operated. I understand NBT, but why does Dattco have as bad of buses compared to NBT?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: