BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTransit to debut new bus at UMA Expo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R22 Shoal Point

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: iTransit to debut new bus at UMA Expo Reply with quote

iTransit Inc. announced it will unveil the new VersaBus LF25 at the UMA Motorcoach Expo in Las Vegas, taking place February 24 to 26.

Manufactured in Szeghalom, Hungary by CSM Metal Zrt., the VersaBus LF25 is a 25-foot, low-floor and rear engine shuttle bus. With its unique design, it is ADA accessible and allows the driver to load and unload wheelchair passengers quicker and more efficiently.

The LF25 can accommodate 25 passengers as well as two wheelchairs, and features a self-supporting monoqoque design fabricated from stainless steel and a patented V-drive power train configuration.

It is designed for shuttle, transit, school operations and much more.

Source: Metro Magazine
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a golf cart on steroids. Razz
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R22SP,

Nice presentation! - I've always said that a picture is worth a thousand words as long as that thousand words accompanies the picture!

Looks like this new VersaBus could show up sometime soon in Hertz, Avis or National livery at an airport near you.

Here comes routine # 4;

BTW; as an unofficial welcoming committee of one here at BusTalk, let me do just that and say that we look forward to your valuable input and contributions - welcome aboard!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
R22 Shoal Point

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
It looks like a golf cart on steroids. Razz

Hah, now that you mention it. It does!

Mr. Linsky wrote:
R22SP,

Nice presentation! - I've always said that a picture is worth a thousand words as long as that thousand words accompanies the picture!

Looks like this new VersaBus could show up sometime soon in Hertz, Avis or National livery at an airport near you.

Here comes routine # 4;

BTW; as an unofficial welcoming committee of one here at BusTalk, let me do just that and say that we look forward to your valuable input and contributions - welcome aboard!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments. I look forward to participating more on this forum.

I do see this going to more of a shuttle application as you said, and don't really feel it as a heavy-duty transit bus or school bus like it says in the article.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "school," they must mean campus transit. I don't think it would meet school bus standards.

It reminds me a lot of the Cobus 3000 and would probably have similar applications - short haul, high turnover shuttles that require short dwell times and minimal seating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: