BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'THE EXTREMEST OF EXTREME MAKEOVERS'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
Thanks, Mr. Linsky. There isn't much to be found on these buses. Looks as if at least one is a 3201, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of 3301's and possibly a 3714.

I've seen the bad images on their sorry website. Apparently that's the best we can do from here.

I've not seen a good photo of any of these buses yet. Since I work for a peer transit agency, I even made a formal request to their marketing department for images of these restored buses, and didn't even get a reply.

Says a lot about a transit agency that won't even answer mail from colleagues in the business, eh?

timecruncher

I thought I heard that MAT ended the "retro" bus service, but I don't remember where.

There's one photo on Flickr of a MAT "retro" bus in service, and another of one engineless and parked against a building.

And how about a Flx Metro with round headlights?
timecruncher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard of this mythical creature, but never saw a photo.

It is cute... in a bizarre sort of way.

timecruncher
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
Thanks, Mr. Linsky. There isn't much to be found on these buses. Looks as if at least one is a 3201, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of 3301's and possibly a 3714.

I've seen the bad images on their sorry website. Apparently that's the best we can do from here.

I've not seen a good photo of any of these buses yet. Since I work for a peer transit agency, I even made a formal request to their marketing department for images of these restored buses, and didn't even get a reply.

Says a lot about a transit agency that won't even answer mail from colleagues in the business, eh?

timecruncher

FWIW, another bus fan visited Omaha last year and found all of the Old Looks parked in the garage and looking like they hadn't turned a wheel in months. Perhaps MAT has brought them back out since then.
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
...Of course, # 2000's unique feature is the genuine GM 'New Look' front clip along with what appears to be at least part of a 5300 'silver side' panel with the intake vent still intact... (emphasis added)

Mr. Linsky -

Whoa! When was I napping in class! DCTS (nee CTCo) numbering:

5200 (and 5300?) class were WHITE 1144 types. 5400 and 5500 class were WHITE 1150-WD types. 5600 class the late "big" GMC TDH-51-- coaches...

The firm's company Shops were fairly amazing. The DCTS 2000 is amusing. The company must have been disconsolate that it couldn't run the
PCC Car 1512, Silver Sightseer post end of rail lines. The DCTS 2000 appears to be a little project to while away the time during a slow period?
A faux Silver Sightseer?

.................Vern...........

Last edited by HwyHaulier on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if WAMTA has preserved #2000. Its cute. Looks like a rubber wheeled trolley frame
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HwyHaulier wrote:
Mr. Linsky wrote:
...Of course, # 2000's unique feature is the genuine GM 'New Look' front clip along with what appears to be at least part of a 5300 'silver side' panel with the intake vent still intact... (emphasis added)

Mr. Linsky -

Whoa! When was I napping in class! DCTS (nee CTCo) numbering:

5200 (and 5300?) class were WHITE 1144 types. 5400 and 5500 class were WHITE 1150-WD types. 5600 class the late "big" GMC TDH-51-- coaches...

The firm's company Shops were fairly amazing. The DCTS 2000 is amusing. The company must have been disconsolate that it couldn't run the
PCC Car 1512, Silver Sightseer post end of rail lines. The DCTS 2000 appears to be a little project to while away the time during a slow period?
A faux Silver Sightseer?

.................Vern...........

Vern,

With all due respect - you've lost me!

I'm going to take a stab at this by saying that I think you misunderstood my reference to '5300 Silver Side' panels.

I guess I should have said GM 5300 series 'New Look' Silver Sides.

Sorry for the omission but I assumed that it would have been taken for granted.

Regards.

Mr. 'L'
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. 'L' -

Many Thanks! That makes all the difference. I estimated that, however the coach built, it had to have access to GMC T&C, (or equivalent)
side sheathing material. Had it been DCTS that did the actual build, surely it had an open line with GMC to get a small order of some of
the sheets...

Otherwise, since so long ago I saw and rode the DCTS (nee CTCo) WHITES, I have known those coaches were all smooth side build.

BTW. While there is an on web site of Washington DC bus rosters, it lacks much detail back into the immediate postwar years, or earlier.

.................Vern..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: